VACANCY OPENING IN USA/CANADA
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
gulfdemand.com is an online jobs board. Here you can find work opportunities in gulf by searching through thousands of vacancy listings or browsing job offers classified by industry.
We are not an employment agency we merely offer gulf employers an opportunity to post a free vacancy listing on our website and allow job seekers to effectively find the posted job offer and apply for that position.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Responsible to and under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor, the Food Production Worker is responsible for performing routine assigned duties in meal preparation, heating/reheating of food, meal service, cafeteria and catering service and cleaning related to providing quality, safe and nutritious food as per the food service model to the patients, clients and customers of the facility/community.
The Food Production Worker may work in a rural setting where the Food Service Supervisor is accessible (via phone or email) but not physically available. The Food Production Worker will exhibit sound professional judgment and independent thought while working within the framework of the organization
The Food Production Worker ensures that the principles and practices that guide the NSHA such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviors, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and inter-professional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- Grade XII or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year experience in cooking and food preparation
- Successful completion of Food Handlers Course within the past five years
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other staff, clients and management
- Willingness to learn, accept direction and work effectively in a team environment following established policies and procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Demonstrated ability to use sound professional judgment, initiative and problem solving skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture of respect that supports safety, ethical practices, cultural awareness and organizational health
- Physical capabilities to perform duties of the position including heavy lifting; working flexible hours, withstanding the demands of walking and standing during shifts; and working in an environment with heat and temperature fluctuations
- Travel between sites will be required
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Hours of Work
- Casual position; no guaranteed hours
- Beginning May 14, 2018
- Date is approximate and subject to change
- Shifts may include days, nights, weekends & holidays
$18.8905 – $20.9893 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit a criminal record check and assume any associated costs, as a condition of employment.
This is a Support CUPE Service bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Note : For Applying the job please go through the job that suits you from the webpage and read the instruction carefully, fill up your details, provide us your RESUME so that we can know you. We will email you once you are approved. Thank you for your concern gulfdemand.com
Disclaimer : By using gulfdemand.com you agree to the following: gulfdemand provides a free service which should be accepted as is. All the job information is provided by the respective employers, we are not responsible for the accuracy of the information like salary, job requirements and description. Under no circumstances will gulfdemand.com be responsible for any direct or indirect loss resulting from the use of our website and services.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) - is looking for LARGE VACANCY IN USA AND CANADACANADA 11 Apr, 2018